If you’re struggling in your relationship, tired of ricocheting between painful silences and fruitless fights, as a couples and marriage therapist here in Sonoma County, I can help you rediscover your love. I use a method called Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, which has a 70% success rate helping partners reconnect in relationship.
- Maybe you’re angry and frustrated over the same dead-end arguments and stony silences . . .
- Maybe you’re sad and discouraged and wondering what happened to the closeness you used to feel . . .
- Maybe you’re scared because one of you said the word “divorce” last time you fought
- Maybe you’re worried about how your marriage problems are hurting the kids . . .
- Maybe you’re confused and overwhelmed and don’t know what’s gone wrong . . .
If you relate to any of these scenarios, you’re in pain.
You can heal your relationship and feel close again.
Couples therapy is now more effective than ever.
Learn more about how I can help you find your way out of this pain, and into the joy your relationship can hold.
If you‘re having trouble moving beyond anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, or disturbing memories, related to recent or long-ago trauma or upsetting experiences, as a Santa Rosa-area trauma therapist, I can help. I integrate powerful, research-based experiential trauma recovery methods, called EMDR and Internal Family Systems (IFS), into our work.
- Maybe scary or disturbing experiences have left raw places inside that make you feel vulnerable and on-edge . . .
- Maybe you block out painful thoughts, telling yourself “it’s over–move on, don’t live in the past” . . .
- Maybe you find yourself reacting in negative ways to things your children do–or parenting them in ways you promised yourself you wouldn’t
- Maybe there are things you can’t do without fear or anxiety, or you’re avoiding certain situations or relationships . . .
You can feel better.
Truly effective methods of trauma therapy are available.
Know that you can unload the burden you’re carrying—and move forward in your relationships and in your life with more ease and joy.
Learn more about the benefits of counseling and how I can help you heal.